Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Octopus Japanese Restaurant

[Somehow grab this photo from somewhere]

It was an ordinary 03/12/10 night. Xian and I planned to have dinner, but we were indecisive. Suddenly, i recalled Xian said there's a new Japanese Cuisine in Seri Petaling, but she didn't know where it is located. I thought of this eight-legged creature restaurant that I had a glance on it months ago. Therefore, we decided to visit this restaurant.

The interior of this restaurant was well-decorated. The lighting was suitable for reading the menu and suits the eating mood. When we flipped and browse through the menu, we found out that the style and typo of the menu were much similiar to Sushi Zanmai's. I reckoned the chef or the owner of this restaurant had worked in Zanmai before. Well, when having Japanese Cuisine, the first thing to look at is the price, is the price worthwhile. Second, quality, is the quality deserve the price. The price was overwhelming and seems to be on par with Ishin located in Old Klang Road( which I never went before). I am not so impressed or satisfied with the food quality. Since I never been to Ishin, I will compare the food here with Zanmai. As for price, Zanmai won.


1.Chuka Chimni
Chuka Chinmi as a usual appetizer. The Chinmi taste awfully, as in it's like not that appetizing. It's not served cold like Zanmai (which I enjoyed), the juice seems a little bit salty and the scallop like not fresh at all. Zanmai won.


2. Unagi Bento Set?
Miso soup is just miso soup, man-made or machine-made I don't know. The tempura, is quite nice, almost on par with Zanmai. ♥ the Salad sauce! I have been searching for a name for this sauce. It's sour, looks colourless, taste like vinegar..... Now's the main part... UNAGI! OMG~ The unagi here tastes supremely! I love the sauce so much, as in it blended well into the unagi, and make it taste i-chi-ban! Sedap~~~ (maybe because of me not having unagi for ages, but TBH, the unagi in zanmai seems degrade.)
Bento Set : Zanmai won ( Much more worth)
Unagi : Octopus~



3. Last but not least, THE SOFT SHELL CRAB.
Guess what's my first impression on it? It's bigger than Zanmai's, but no sauce served. How does it taste like? Pasar Malam grade. It's definitely crispy, the lemon juice well blended, juicy crab meat, but too bad no sauce to dip. Price is RM16.90. And that's the downside. I personally doubt this kind of food quality deserve this price.

Green tea costs RM2 per cup, and the cup is made from plastic. OMG. Not worth. Boo!

Overall, the food was not bad, yet not good also. If you were rich, and have no where to spend, you can come, as you pay for the environment, and the good service. But for food, just go Zanmai, or anywhere else.

THE END.

0 comments: